Monday, January 19, 2015

Meet Out Newest Team Member

Let me start this off by thanking our readers for your continued support. Without you, we would just be writing to ourselves. As TBS continues to grow, the number of tasks that we are faced with grows, so we have added a new team member to help us out. Please take some time to read this and get to know him a little bit, and help us welcome Jason to our team.

TBS questions will be in bold
Jasons answers in this font 


1. Tell us a little bit about where in Indiana you grew up.

I grew up in Berne, In, it's in southern Adams County. It's very laid back. The town was founded by Swiss Mennonites, and is very much Amish country. The town has the largest and oldest Mennonite church in the world.

2. Who is responsible for making you an IU fan? 

I was raised an IU fan. My family has been raised on IU basketball years before me. I credit my cousin, Troy for really getting me into it, though. He passed away two years ago from cancer, so each Hoosier win is a personal win, because I know he is seeing the game each time.

3. What is your definition of a "true" IU fan? 

My definition is one that sticks with the team through thick and thin, being there in the good, and bad times. It's about taking in the traditions, remembering, and paying homage to the ones that wore the stripes, and INDIANA across their chest. 

4. The past few years, it seems like bandwagon IU fans have increased dramatically, and they can be quite cruel to our coaching staff, and players. What is your take on that? 

My take is they are just that...bandwagon. They know nothing of IU basketball prior to the 2011 season. They didn't care about IU during the down times, and the screwing of the program by Jackass Sampson. They praise the team and coaching staff after a win, and blast them when they lose. I say either be 100% on the wagon, or get the hell off! 

5. Who is your all-time favorite Hoosier?

Kind of hard to tell who my favorite is. I was born in 1981, so I could say anyone from the '81 championship team. lol 

6. Greatest IU memory? 

Many....watching Coach Knight throw the chair...my cousin telling me about watching an IU basketball practice in the early '90s, and Coach Knight told them they are welcome to watch, but to have respect, and keep their mouths shut until after practice...seeing Eric Gordon shut the I'll-annoy fans up......beating Purdue.....oh...and the ever so popular Wat Shot.

7. Besides Kentucky, and Purdue, what other team is your most hated, and why?

Two main ones...I'll-annoy, they hate us cause they ain't us, and Syracuse, because we haven't managed to beat them, I believe but once since '87. 

8. There was some pre season controversy with a few of our players, what's your take on players' off-court lives, and how they are constantly under the microscope? 

You represent your team on, and off the court. Remember, that the schoolhas given you a scholarship to not only play basketball, but also earn a degree for your future. Anytime you do something stupid, it follows you throughout your college career, so they should live like the camera is always on them as if it would in the NBA. 

9. Do you think IU will be hanging banner #6 within the next five years? 

We could...but we will have to have some big guys in the center, and another is CONSISTANCY. Even more so, people with a passion for IU basketball, and will wear INDIANA across their chest as if it said Superman.

10. How did you find out about The Balcony Seats? 

I was added to the Facebook group by Mr. Yuk (Chris Leidolf), and fell in love with it. 

11. What made you want to join our team? 

I enjoy a hobby with people that are into IU as much as myself. The other admins live and breathe IU basketball like I do.

12. What can you bring to the table as a member of TBS? 

I hope I can bring forth content that our readers and staff will find both informative, and entertaining.

13. Lastly, what are your short-term, and long-term goals here at TBS? 

Simple...to keep Hoosier Nation in the know about what is new in the world of Indiana Basketball.

Thank you for taking the time to talk to me, and let our readers get to know you a little bit, and what to expect, welcome to the team, Jason.

There ya have it, folks! Our newest member, Jason. Look for his posts @ thebalconyseats/blogspot.com and on our Facebook group, and listen to him on our podcasts as well, and go follow him on Twitter @jdaily1981

No comments:

Post a Comment