Saturday, November 1, 2014

In my Opinion

   Just like most of you probably did, I woke up this morning to the awful news of an accident involving Devin Davis. But unlike a lot of people who were quick to voice their opinions all over message boards and the Twitterverse, and quick to place blame on others, I took  a different route and decided to wait, calm down, and then look at the facts.

   I am not going to blame this on Crean. I am not going to blame this on Devin. I am also not going to blame this accident on Emmitt Holt. I am not going to place blame on anyone because I don't know the facts.

   Here are a few of the facts that I do know.

   Accident is defined as an unfortunate mishap; especially one causing damage or injury.

   Some things are bigger than Indiana basketball, family, friends and your health are just a few that come to mind quickly.

   Some people are calling for Coach's job because of the accident of last night. Others are blaming the kids who were involved in the accident. Without knowing the facts how can we be so quick to point a finger?

   Another fact is this was an accident and unfortunately accidents do happen.

   Instead of pointing my fingers and placing blame on others, I am gonna pray. I admit that I am not the most religious man that you'll ever meet but I have seen the power of prayers. I am not going to be selfish and pray for the return to glory of Indiana basketball. I am gonna pray for the health of Devin Davis, pray that his injuries can be overcome, pray that his health will continue to improve daily and pray that his friends and family are there to support him while he recovers. I am also going to pray that other Hoosier basketball fans do the same.

   No matter your opinion on Indiana basketball, the coach, turnovers, no matter what your opinion is on college kids drinking and what standards that they should be held too. The fact is Devin Davis and Emmitt Holt are Hoosiers and so am I. These players/kids need our prayers during this time. What they do not need is our opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment